DD/LG stands for “Daddy Dom / little girl”. While it is the most common type of this dynamic, it is not the only one. Littles and their Dominants can be any gender and identify as various roles. Some other common Dominant roles include Mommies, Caregivers, and even Babysitters. Some Dominants are even the ones who are littles, and reverse the dynamic in their relationship. Others switch, and play both roles.
The identity of being a little is slightly different for everyone, but the general idea is that the submissive (usually—like I said, sometimes they are Dominant) assumes the role of a innocent-minded individual with the playfulness and interests of a child.
Many people make a clear distinction that they are not roleplaying as a child but as a child-like adult. It’s also important to point out that DDLG is not about incest-roleplay nor is it about pedophilia. The same way even vanilla partners can refer to each other as “baby” without the connotation that they are roleplaying being with an actual infant, the title of “Daddy” or “Mommy” is not creating an actual father/child or mother/child dynamic, but rather illustrating a type of dynamic where the Dominant is in a protective and caring position over the little, like a parent is for their child. However, the vast majority of caregivers and littles make it clear that their dynamic is an independent relationship from the ones they have with their actual parents.
Littles go through something called littlespace which just means they are in the state of mind as their little persona. Just like subspace, it can sometimes be euphoric. Some littles need guidance coming out of littlespace, especially when their adult lives are busy or stressful and they’re using littlespace to relax. It is important to remember that littlespace should not be 24/7 because as adults, we have responsibilities to take care of that require we step out of littlespace in order to maintain healthy lives.
Types of littles vary within the community. Some have a specific age that they are identifying with, which is referred to as age regression. Others do not have a set age for themselves. Further, the identity of being a “little” is an umbrella term, and can be broken down into three main categories of specific age groups:
- Littles: These are usually young-minded submissives, who may be anywhere from an infant-developmental stage to early childhood.
- Middles: Middles are usually have the mindsets of older children. They may be more advanced than littles, and less dependent on their partner.
- Bigs: Bigs have an adolescent-like mindset, and often have a more independent type of dynamic with their partner. They may have the attitude of a teenager around their partners.
In the little community, there is sometimes a false concept of littles not being littles if they aren’t age-regressive. This idea needs to be distinguished. Always remember that your identity is valid regardless of how others view you. Age-regressive littles are no more or less littles than those who are not age-regressive. The community is meant to support each other and not compare people based on their “genuine littleness”.
Because of these falsely-precieved ideas about littles, many people associate littles with stereotypes or overlap them with other kinks, such as ABDL (adult baby, diaper-lover). Yes, it’s true, littles can play the roles of babies who love diapers. However, that is a separate kink. Being little means having that mindset of a little, and diapering is an independent kink. Think of a submissive who likes to worship feet of their Dominant—you wouldn’t assume all submissives have a foot fetish just because this specific one does. The same goes for littles and their kinks.
That being said, the following activities/toys are common desires among the community. This list is meant to serve as a means of ideas for play, not a list of requirements. Everyone reserves the right to have any kinks as limits.
- Pacifiers: For littles who like to self-sooth and maybe even tease their partner with an oral fixation, pacifiers—or pacis—serve as a fun little accessory.
- Stuffed animals: Many littles enjoy the playful innocents of sleeping with stuffed animals—or stuffies. They make excellent gifts for good little boys and girls.
- Diapering: Some littles like diapering because it allows their partner to control their bathroom use. This goes hand in hand with bathroom restriction. Just be sure not to make your little stay in a dirty diaper for long, or it can affect their health.
- Bottles/Plasticware: What’s more fun than princess plates and plastic picnics? It helps bring some littles into littlespace to eat off children’s dishware.
- Coloring: Coloring never gets old. Even adults love coloring! Having a coloring book around is a great way to promote littlespace and spend time together.
- Cartoons/Movies: Who doesn’t love cartoons? Whether it’s Disney movies or 90s kid shows, almost every little can get into a nostalgic space by watching some of their old favourites.
- Spanking: When the little is naughty, sometimes all they need is to be thrown over their Daddy’s knee and given a good hard spanking.
- Rules: Some littles like the structure of having daily tasks or rules they must follow. This can include anything from dress codes to orgasm control. Try to structure some rules to improve your little’s mental or physical health, such as requiring healthy snacks or journaling when feeling sad.
Also, mealtime and snacks can be made into a little’s paradise. Have a healthy balance with old favourites and nutritious snacks. Some ideas for feeding your little:
- Chicken nuggets (especially dino-shaped ones!).
- Chocolate milk.
- Mac ‘n cheese.
- Fruit snacks.
- Goldfish crackers.
- Homemade trail mix.
- Peanut butter and jelly.
- Carrot sticks (and peanut butter?).
- Celery (and ranch?).
- Fruits and nuts.
- Homemade pizza bagels.
- Dunkaroos (Teddy Grahams dripped in frosting).
- Popcorn (with chocolate drizzle?).
Keep in mind that you can even customize punishments and aftercare to your little’s specific tastes. Some littles love spankings, other reserve it for punishments only. Some littles want a healthy snack after a rough scene, while others want to curl up with their partner and their stuffed animals. Choose punishments and aftercare methods that suit you and your partner’s needs.
DD/LG and other dynamics like it are a fantastic way to express your love for your partner. There is a high focus on unconditional love and protectiveness in these types of dynamics. Because of the mental state of littlespace, there may be more dependence on the Dominant partner. While this is not true for everyone, it is something to keep in mind when considering if DD/LG is right for you. Caregivers need to be patient, understand, and affectionate towards their littles and littles will return affection in copious amounts. However you do it, make sure to fully communicate your thoughts and feelings on the matter, and keep it safe!
Text and photos from http://submissivefeminist.tumblr.com
This is a weary good guide that submissivefeminist have wrote.