A German man has been revealed with trying to smuggle 140 000 in an adult diaper. The aim was to bring money home to Germany from Switzerland. The man is one of many that use odd smuggling methods.
The reason why many are trying to smuggle money from Switzerland to Germany to Switzerland familiar banking secrecy is being relaxed.
The previous secrecy has attracted large amounts of land from wealthy foreigners who do not want to underestimate.
Now that the rules change, many German tax evaders acted, writes Bloomberg.
– We had a 72-year-old man wearing a corset with 150 000 in said Markus Ueckert, a spokesman for Lörrach customs district, bordering Switzerland, told Bloomberg.
– On another occasion a man had taken the two incontinence diapers with almost 140 000 between them.
Written by: Caroline Englund
This text is translated from this Swedish text: //www.dn.se/ekonomi/skattesmitare-smugglade-pengar-i-vuxenbloja/
- Adult diapers expected to outsell baby diapers in Japan (newsfixnow.com)
- Germans Hide Cash in Diapers as Swiss Secrecy Crumbles – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Germans sneak money home from Swiss banks (in adult diapers, corsets) (theglobeandmail.com)